ECA, Data Reduction & Processing
Review of ESI consumes approximately 73% of the cost of producing discovery. It is important to utilize methods that can reduce large volumes of data into targeted, relevant information to be brought into the review environment. Combining traditional culling methods like De-NISTing, De-Duplication, Filtering and Keyword Searching with analytical methods like Near De-Duplication and Topic Clustering can greatly reduce the overall cost of document review. Processing of ESI consumes about 19% of expenditures, so ECA & data reduction will not only drive down the cost of discovery but also yield a smaller, pertinent set of documents.
We process ESI into structured and discoverable document form for efficient analysis within litigation support review platforms. Our EDD (Electronic Document Discovery) process accommodates native, near-native, and static review.
We utilize methods to analyze and report information about your ESI. This is useful for making informed decisions regarding how to process and review your data.
- De-Nist We remove system and common files based off the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s list of digital signatures/hash values.
- Date Ranges & Filtering We filter ESI based off specific project dates depending on pertinent periods.
- Keyword We cull ESI based off project specific terminology, custodians, key players, and key words.
- De-Duplication We remove identical files and email based on electronic hashing across projects, custodians and collections.
- Custodians & Keywords We cull ESI based off project specific terminology, custodians, key players, and key words.
- Privilege We tag or remove potentially privileged information from ESI based on client specific criteria.
- Email Threading
- Topic Clustering
We process ESI into structured and discoverable document form for efficient analysis within Litigation Support review platforms.
Electronic Document Discovery is the process of converting ESI into attorney reviewable information.
We offer customized processing and unique EDD solutions. We specialize in processing ESI for native review and production. We also do conversion of ESI to static formats like TIFF and PDF.
"Box" limitations should not prevent you from getting the information you need from your ESI. We understand your data from an evidentiary perspective, so our processes are tailored to enhance your review experience.
We support the most common litigation support software in our industry.
We extract metadata and full contents of ESI for use in analysis and categorization of documents. Metadata is internal file information that may include when a files or email was created, modified, sent, authored, received, opened, etc. This information may be crucial for determining relevance or privilege.
We extract embedded and encapsulated files to build a Parent/Child association for analysis and categorization of documents.
ESI in its native application may not always be preferred or possible, so we offer the ability to convert to industry preferred static formats.
- TIF, JPG, PDF